Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to broaden your skill set whilst helping others?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for senior healthcare professionals like you to join our team in Coventry and the surrounding local area.
In return for your hard work, we'll give you 'same day pay', flexible rotas to suit your needs and high street discounts with employee perks scheme 'Perks at Work'
Senior Care Assistant Role
In this role you will be providing life-enhancing care and support to patients with mental issues or terminally ill, helping them with personal care, assisting their clinical needs and recording patient's conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Train with us
Every month Newcross deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants and you could be one of them! Join us and you will have the chance to expand your skill set and learn new skills with our many courses.
We also give you the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Our amazing benefits
* Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Perks at Work, enjoy our many discounts at around 80 high street shops
* Free Ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Choose Flexi Pay!
With our amazing Flexi Pay app feature you can choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
The team you will join:
Our Coventry branch is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport. We cover a wide range of areas in the West Midlands such as Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Are you interested? Then apply today!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.