Senior Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon, Llandudno, Llanrwst and the surrounding areas.
Why choose us?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit your ongoing needs
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication Administration certificate
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive assistance completing a range of life-enhancing tasks and activities. These will include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional activities needed.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have additional responsibilities and a deeper understanding of the caring role.
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Enhance your career with us!
With Newcross, you will have the opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
There could also be opportunities to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).