Senior Care Assistant
Are you looking to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Conwy, Deganwy, Llandudno and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible hours across various shifts during the week
- Perks at Work scheme giving you access to 30,000 discounts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with various important tasks including personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
You will also be expected to have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role and be comfortable leading a team of carers.
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Our friendly team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Broaden your skill set with us!
At Newcross, we like to provide our staff with free access to a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a range of topics.
These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication Administration certificate
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable