Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Same day pay and rewarding training programmes
Newcross Healthcare are looking for talented Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistant to provide exceptional care and support to our service users in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks and the surrounding towns.
The caring role
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for providing assistance to our service users with social activities, personal care, clinical requirements and any other additional services required.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
Your many advantages
* Salary of up to £11.78/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops!
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development - Newcross offer between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants every month.
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Newcross offers flexibility!
Flexible shifts: We will provide you with a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours.
Flexi Pay: Our amazing service will allow you to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
You will be working within our team based in Eastbourne branch which provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Apply now to find out more!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.