Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a Care Assistant role to fit around your degree level studies?
Newcross Healthcare is looking to recruit Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants and provide the best care and support to our service users in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks and the surrounding area.
* Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Perks at Work scheme that allows you to use 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development - Newcross offer between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants every month.
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* Flexi Pay service which gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Video interviewing - Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Being a Care Assistant
Your role will consist of assisting and supporting our elderly, recovering and disables patients during their day to day activities, helping them with their social needs, clinical requirements and any other services that will enable them to have an independent living.
Our carers will be working within the team based in Eastbourne branch which provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
The Role Specification
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.