Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Have the flexibility to learn while you earn with us!
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing outstanding care and support to our service users in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks and the surrounding towns.
As a Care Assistant you will be providing outstanding care and support with various tasks such as personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Ideally you will have previous experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Why should you join us?
* Salary of up to £11.78/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at at your fingertips!
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development - Newcross offer between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants every month.
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Do you want to decide when you get paid?
With our Flexi Pay service you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
You will be joining our team based in Eastbourne branch which provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Start your application today
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.