Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Do you want to earn while you learn?
If so, this would be a great opportunity to gain experience alongside your studies in a Care Assistant role delivering outstanding care and support to our service users in Canterbury.
As a Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Helping our service users with their personal care
- Assisting them with their social activities
- Aiding with any clinical needs they may have
- Be confident with any other additional services to enable them to live their daily lives as they choose as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Permanent contract with flexible hours to fit around your studies
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at work scheme with discounts at high street retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme with £500 per successful referral
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and field team leader
At Newcross Healthcare, you will also be able to access our Flexi Pay feature via our HealthForceGo® app, which allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of completed shifts, including weekends and bank holidays!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course within the past 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Are you interested? Then apply today!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as our applicants find it relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.