Student Nurse: Care Assistant
"Same day pay", high street discounts and flexible hours
Working as a Newcross HCA will help you stand out from your fellow graduates. You'll have a feel for what its like working in a clinical role which in turn should help you with your theoretical nursing studies.
Your role as a Care Assistant:
Newcross Care Assistants are responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users. You will help with necessary clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable them to live a dignified and independent life.
Training & Development:
Working as a Newcross HCA you will improve your CV and stand out from other graduates with further experience earned in a relevant healthcare setting. You will also have the chance to improve your skills with a range of free training programmes, through credits earned as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Perks at Work scheme - access to high street store discount through working for Newcross
- Video calling technology - attend your interview without leaving the house!
- Flexible working - choose your own hours to fit in around you
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay - choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours*
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our Chester branch is based at 17 - 19 Boughton, just off of the A51. We are easily accessible by both car and public transport. The branch is just 7 minutes walk from Chester train station and a few minutes from the Grosvenor precinct.