Student Nurse: Care Assistant
We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Our local branch are located at St. Andrew's House, Station Road East, near Canterbury East train station
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant to provide care and support to our service users in Canterbury and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will constantly ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times.
Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
Our Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need to have access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.