Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants, and join us in delivering excellent care and support to users in Coventry and the surrounding locations.
Your local branch is based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, close to Arden University and Coventry Airport.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their progression and development
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app, HealthForceGo
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.