Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a talented Student Nurse looking for a new challenge?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for Student Nurses to fill a Care Assistant role and work in and around Dundee and the surrounding areas.
What's the opportunity?
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for delivering personal care and support to our service users that allows them to live the life they wish to lead.
We are looking for caring individuals who are compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
What do we offer?
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Video calling technology to enable you to attend your interview from the comfort of your home
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
You will also have access to:
* Perks at Work, which provides 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
* Flexi Pay, you will have the chance to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Exclusive free training courses, that will allow you to expand your skill set and progress in your career with us.
* Flexible vacancies: you will enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own hours alongside the security of having a permanent contact with guaranteed hours.
What do we expect from you?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross Healthcare's Dundee branch is located at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay. Dundee is the sunniest city in Scotland as it gets more hours of sunlight than any other.
What do you have to do next?
To join our fantastic team all you need to do is submitting your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.