Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Earn while you learn as a Newcross student nurse!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Dundee and the surrounding area.
Living costs can be a struggle while you're a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®, (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Free DBS and uniform when you join our amazing team:
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit in around your studies. You can work as much or as little as you like, it's entirely up to you.
- Salary of up to £12.30/hr including holiday pay
- Same day pay with Flexi Pay - receive up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day
- Video calling technology to enable you to attend your interview from the comfort of your home
- Perks at Work scheme - allows you access to 80,000 discounts at over 30 high street stores
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What to expect:
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Our branch is based at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.
Skills & Opportunities:
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Dundee fact: did you know Dundee is Scotland's fourth-largest city.
Dundee is the sunniest city in Scotland as it gets more hours of sunlight than any other. There are over 20 care homes and 2 private hospitals in the city as well as over a dozen healthcare centres.