Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around you? Then we have just the thing!
We are currently recruiting for dedicated and professional Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistant in Dundee and the surrounds.
Your local branch are based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short distance from Dundee University and Dundee train station.
The Role Details
We are looking for patient and committed applicants who will be able to provide assistance to our clients whilst promoting our resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect.
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a Smart phone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
Benefits you will receive at Newcross
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
We have various opportunities available for staff to study towards a wide range of National vocational qualifications (NVS/SVQ).
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way