Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Develop your skill set with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistants roles living in Durham and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Opportunities
With Newcross, you will have an opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications.
- Flexible hours to suit your needs!
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available nationwide
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring and supporting our service users with a variety of tasks. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required and needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.