Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you want to broaden your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to service users across Durham and the surrounding locations.
We are looking for patient and committed applicants who will be able to provide assistance to our clients whilst promoting our resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect.
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need to have access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Medication Administration, plus more.
Join Newcross today! Your local branch are based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way