Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant to provide care and support to our service users within Exeter, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton, Sidmouth, Axminster and Lyme Regis and the surrounding local areas.
In the Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to our service users and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
As a Newcross Nurse, you will be entitled to access our Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform, free DBS check upfront plus a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Newcross will also help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
Additionally, you can benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Did you know?
JK Rowling, Chris Martin and Joss Stone all hail from Exeter.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use code 'NursePlatinum' to claim your platinum package.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.