Student Nurse: Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for dedicated Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant in Gloucester, Cinderford and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Have access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts (including weekends and bank holidays)
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way