Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) to provide excellent care and support across Hamilton, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Blantyre and the surrounding towns.
What you'll do
As a Care Assistant you will assist and support our residents with their daily living activities whilst upholding our philosophy of care.
You will help with life-enhancing tasks such as personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What's in it for you?
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops!
Newcross offer outstanding training so you can expand your skill set! You could choose between a wide range of free training courses such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and more.
Our 'same day pay' service will enable you to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Apply now to find out more!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.