Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Same day pay and rewarding training programmes!
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing outstanding care and support to our service users in Newcastle, Gateshead and the surrounding towns of Tyne and Wear.
We know that living costs can be a struggle as a student, this is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
The caring role
As a Care Assistant you will be assisting our residents during their daily living activities whilst promoting an independent, happy and dignified living in line with patient's care plan.
You will also communicate with our users, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families.
Do you meet our requirements?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our lovely team
You will be joining our Newcastle team which is in Newcastle, this branch is based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Enjoy all our advantages:
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
You will also have access to our employee benefit scheme with over 30,000 discounts at 80 high street stores
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Once you have submitted your application and a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.