Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking to earn while you learn?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Newcastle, Gateshead and the surrounding towns of Tyne and Wear.
Your local team
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
By 1665, Newcastle had become the fourth-largest provincial city in England.
Flexible full and part time hours available to suit your ongoing commitments!
- Flexi Pay allows you to decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work, will enable you to have access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
What you'll do
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times. You will aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services needed.
- Salary of up to £11.39/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Perks at Work
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics such as Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.