Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for Student Nurses to join our team and take on the role of Care Assistants to provide support to our service users living in Colchester and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts at UK high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
At Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you and your studies, where minimum hours are guaranteed to provide you with a flexible income alongside gaining experience in the healthcare field.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
In The Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
What you need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our Colchester branch works tirelessly to provide the area with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to support those in need of outstanding care.
We are located in Crouch Street, within close distance to the train station and also the historic Colchester Castle.
Apply now to begin your application!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.