Student Nurse: Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants and provide professional care and support to our service users across Falkirk, Airth, Plean, Stirling and the local surrounds.
Your local Falkirk branch are based in Callendar Business Park, just a short distance from Falkirk Grahamston train station.
As a Care Assistant, you will constantly ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times.
Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone/device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on the HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit around your study schedule
- Access to our exclusive training programmes, widening your clinical knowledge
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Living costs can be difficult as a student, so we have launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.