Student Nurse: Care Assistant
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Bangor and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Flexi Pay enables you to decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work enables you to access 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Your new role as a Carer
In this position, you will provide excellent care and support to our service users in accordance to their personal care plans. You will aid them with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services required.
Skills & Development
Successful candidates will be able to broaden their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs. They can be earned through credits as you and include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Our amazing benefits
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the longest place name in Europe and the longest valid, single-word internet domain name in the world.
Our minimum requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.