Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you want to have a flexible job that fits around your studies?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for dedicated Student Nurses to fill the role as a Care Assistant in Weston-super-Mare, Churchill, Winscombe, Congresbury and the surrounding areas.
Our Weston-super-Mare team are based in Worle Park Way, near the train station and just off the M5 road.
In the Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Essential Requirements
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not essential.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- Training programmes earned through credits as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.