Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a flexible job that suits your needs?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants providing care and support to our service users living in Chelmsford.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across various weekdays, nights and weekends
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.55/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designed field team leader
What will I do?
You will be responsible for providing excellent care and support to our service users with various needs and requirements. Your assistance will be required with daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to broaden their skill set with various free training programs. Topics will icnlude Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
Our local team
You can find your local office team at 8 Atlanta Boulevard, Romford. We're a stone's throw from Romford train station, serviced by both national rail and London Underground Services, plus we're easily accessible via bus and car.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.