Student Nurse: Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit hard-working and caring Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles living across Colwyn Bay and the surrounding towns.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering excellent care to our service users whilst upholding our philosophy of care.
Our carers are compassionate professionals who provide support and companionship to clients and help them handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
What makes us different?
Newcross Healthcare are the first provider in the UK with a Flexible app feature, Flexi Pay, that allows our healthcare staff to digitally sign their timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of their shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
We'll also provide you with excellent training courses, the security of a steady income and the flexibility to choose your own hours!
In return you will get
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Colwyn Bay team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Join our fantastic team!
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
You will benefit from our interview via video call! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you will be able to talk from the comfort of your own home.