Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Looking for a care role that fits around your studies?
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing excellent care and support to our service users in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you and your studies, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and field team leader
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
You will also be able to access our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Development
As a valued employee, we will help assist in your career progression, offering over 200 training courses and programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
In this role, you will be assisting our service users with the activities of everyday living and and handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
As a Care Assistant, you will also provide outstanding care, support and companionship, and communicate with families of our users to apprise them of their condition.
While kindness and patience are completely paramount to this role, we also ask applicants to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Your Local Team
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Did you know? Edinburgh Castle is built on top of an extinct volcano.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.