Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Looking for a care role that fits around your studies?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants and join us in providing outstanding care and support to service users within Edinburgh and the local surroundings.
Our local branch are located in New Mart Place, just a short distance from Stenhouse Mansion and the Slateford train station.
Your New Care Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their progression and development
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your studies
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Living costs can be a struggle as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
Your Development at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way