Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Same day pay and rewarding training programmes!
We are seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Nottingham and the surrounding local towns.
As a Newcross Healthcare worker, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, the ability to choose your own hours and a comprehensive range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work.
What does a Newcross Carer do?
Our Care Assistants are on the frontline of delivering invaluable services to our residents, helping them with their day-to-day activities such as personal care, social needs and clinical requirements
You'll be a dedicated and committed professional with previous experience working in a care environment.
Your benefits will include:
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
- Perks at Work - Employee discount scheme offering 30,000 discounts at over 80 stores
- Flexi Pay - choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
Newcross provide our healthcare employees with a permanent contract and the possibility of choosing their own hours. You will have the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
You will also have the chance to study our many free training courses, gaining useful knowledge and skills for your caring role and having the possibility of progressing in your career journey with us.
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Begin your journey with us today!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.