Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing outstanding care and support to our service users in Perth and the surrounding local areas.
The caring position
As a Care Assistant you will play a really important role in enabling our residents to have the highest quality of life possible in line with their personalised care plan.
You will be responsible for helping our users with personal tasks such as: dressing, washing, toileting and assisting with meals.
Flexi Pay service
Unlike most of UK healthcare workers, Newcross employees have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts available for you!
Broaden your skill set!
You'll have the fantastic opportunity of expanding your skill set with a range of free training courses available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training in: End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults and many more!
We also give you the option to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If this role sounds like you…
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.