Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Located in the South-East of England, Newcross Healthcare's Chichester branch is based on South Street near Chichester Cathedral and not far from Chichester train station.
Earn while you learn with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounding areas.
You will ensure that our service users receive constant care and support with our service users at all times in line with their personal care plans. Tasks will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Why join our team?
Working with Newcross will enable you to access flexible full time and part time hours, our Perks at Work employee scheme with 30,000 discounts and our innovative Flexi Pay app feature.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Our training programs will cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care. They can be earned through credits as you work and are designed to broaden your skill set.
What will you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!