Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking to work while you earn?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounding areas.
Flexible full and part time hours available!
Flexi Pay, our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app allows to choose when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, enables you to access 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Your Caring Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing outstanding care and support to our service users with various needs. You will aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services required.
Our Chichester Team
Located in the South-East of England, Newcross Healthcare's Chichester branch is based on South Street near Chichester Cathedral and not far from Chichester train station.
One of the great well-preserved Georgian cities in the UK, Chichester has played a key role of the affairs of Sussex since at least Roman times.
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Free ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will enable you to access a variety of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. These are designed to broaden your skill set and cover a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!