Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a flexible working arrangement to fit around studying, childcare or a second job?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Sheffield and the surrounding local area.
The caring role
Our Care Assistants are responsible for providing excellent care and support to our service users, assisting them with their clinical and social needs, and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Ideally you will be a dedicated and compassionate individual who is ready for the occasional challenge.
What you'll gain?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
With Newcross, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, which will allows you to receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
Newcross employees have always the opportunity of growing in their career and learn new skills with our free training programmes. These include: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
They also can choose to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our Sheffield branch:
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city the Sheffield Newcross branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Our branch is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.