Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Earn while you study with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Sheffield and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care to our service users with various tasks in line with their personal care plans. Tasks vary but will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of various free training programs covering a variety of topics including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy and more.
Our Sheffield Team
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city the Sheffield Newcross branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Our branch is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.