Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around you? Then we have just the thing!
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant in Cardiff and the surrounding local areas.
In the Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts at the high street retailers
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
Your New Team
Our friendly Cardiff branch are located in Park Place, just a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station and Cardiff University.
Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.