Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking to gain experience in the ever-changing world of healthcare, while earning up to £12.68 an hour?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for Student Nurses to fill our Healthcare Assistant roles in Reading and the surrounding areas.
With us, you'll have ongoing access to expert 24/7 guidance from our clinical support team and you can even choose when you want to be paid with Flexi Pay, via our HealthForceGo app!
The care role
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
This role gives you the chance to improve your skills with a wide range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you cannot apply online, please call. We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
The Reading team is located in the largest town in Berkshire, on the first floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.