Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Our Preston branch are based in Guildhall St, near Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles and join our team in delivering outstanding care and support to our users living in Preston, Chorley, Leyland, Kirkham, Ashton-on-Ribble, Garstang, Longton and the surroundings.
Your New Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Providing everyday care to our service users
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and their general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and any medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
Joining Newcross Healthcare
Newcross provides flexibility with your rotas, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your studies, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to develop their current skill set with hundreds of free training programmes available, earned through credits as you work.
What you will receive
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare one
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so instead of having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way