Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse looking for a flexible job to fit around your studies?
If the answer is yes then keep reading!
Newcross Healthcare is looking for dedicated Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles and we have plenty of benefits for you!
- Enjoy our flexible shifts! You can choose to work either full or part time hours, to fit around your life.
Take advantage of our Flexi Pay feaure! You will have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Get access to our 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers with Perks at Work!
As a Newcross Care Assistant you will deliver care and support to our service users in Preston, Chorley, Leyland, Kirkham, Ashton-on-Ribble, Garstang, Longton and the surrounding areas.
Your daily responsibilities will include: assisting our patients with their personal care, aiding them with clinical requirements and, basically, supporting them with any activities that will enable them to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
You will also be in contact with the patient's families keeping them updated about the client's progress and condition.
In this role you will be able to broaden your skills set with our free training programmes! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
You will join our Preston team...
The Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town on Guildhall Street, close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers
Fun fact: The first ever UK motorway, the M6, was built around Preston.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!