Student Nurse: Care Assistant
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph and continuously works to provide the region with highest quality Nurses and Care Workers.
Earn while you learn with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles caring for our service users living in Rochdale, Bacup and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with a variety of important daily living tasks and activities. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This amazing app feature enables you to choose when you want to be paid and have access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible full time and part time hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will give you access to a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Successful applicants could have the chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.