Student Nurse: Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
We are looking for skilled healthcare professionals just like you to fill a Care Assistant role in Plymouth and the surrounding local area.
The caring role:
In this role you will be part of a healthcare team, providing outstanding care for our users and promoting the well-being and quality of life of our clients.
You will be assisting our residents in a range of settings including nursing and residential homes, so you will need to have previous experience in at least one of these.
Training courses for you!
Newcross gives you the opportunity to improve your skills with our free training courses which are led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partners.
You will be able to study a variety of subjects such as Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care.
Why choose us?
- Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additional benefits include:
* Perks at Work - Get access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
* Flexi Pay - This service provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Interview via video call! Talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview!
Find your local branch:
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Do you meet our requirements?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Then click apply!
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.