Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Join us and benefit from a wide range of exclusives!
Newcross Healthcare are looking for Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants in Plymouth and the surrounding local towns
What you'll do
You will be providing outstanding support to our service users, looking after their physical comfort and making sure their emotional, physical and social requirements are met.
Our ideal candidate will listen and talk to our clients and their families, making sure they are informed about the patient's condition.
Perks at Work
Our fantastic scheme will allow you to have 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
Our new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay, allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Free training courses
Benefit from our comprehensive wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These courses will allow you to progress in your career journey and will include Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support and many more!
Video conferencing technology
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours.
- Salary of up to £13.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We ask for...
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.