Student Nurse: Personal Care Assistant
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
Are you looking for a flexible job to fit around you?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Student Nurses to fill our Personal Care Assistant roles in Southampton, New Forest, Eastleigh, Fareham, Amesbury and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users with additional care needs receive personalised care and support at all times. You will assist them with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Flexi Pay allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Training opportunities
Successful candidates will have exclusive access to a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary but will include Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards various National vocational qualifications in various subjects and levels (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!