Student Nurse: Personal Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Personal Care Assistant roles in across Southampton, New Forest, Eastleigh, Fareham, Amesbury and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, the ability to choose your own hours and a variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work.
What you do
A Personal Care Assistant is responsible for providing personalised care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays!
This role gives you the chance to improve your skills with a wide range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!