Student Nurse: Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking for a Personal Care Assistant role to fit around your degree level studies?
Newcross Healthcare is searching for Student Nurses to take on the role of Personal Care Assistant to deliver life-enhancing care and support to our service users in Exeter, Exmouth, Sidmouth and the surrounding areas.
Join us and you enjoy our many benefits!
Get access to our 'same day pay' feature via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
Newcross Healthcare is changing our healthcare employee's lives with Flexi Pay.This new feature allow them to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Broaden your skill set with our exclusive free training programmes
Successful candidates will have the opportunity of growing in their career with our training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Take advantage of our Perks at Work scheme
All healthcare staff has access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Pick your hours to fit in around you, work as little or as much as you choose.
Our Flexible shifts will allow you to have the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to choose your own hours. You will also have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time.
Ideally you will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
And you will also gain:
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work per week.
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We will expect:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local branch is based in Exeter, you can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in Exeter city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.