Student Nurse: Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Personal Care Assistants, offering outstanding care and support to our service users living in their own homes in Plymouth and the surrounding local areas.
Benefits we offer
* Salary of up to £13.42/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Perks at Work, access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops!
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* Minimum hours guaranteed in your contract and the possibility of working full or part time shifts.
* Set shifts for our Complex Carers, you will be working off of a set rota.
* Flexi Pay, this service allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross offer excellent training so you can broaden your skill set! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
You will also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our team!
Become a member of our lovely team in Plymouth which allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Fun fact: Plymouth is home to two rare fruits bearing the city's name, the Plymouth Pear tree and the spiny Plymouth Strawberry.
Apply now to find out more!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.