Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you want a job that is flexible around your studies?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants and care for our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham and Brundall and the surrounding areas.
What makes us different?
- Flexible hours throughout the week including weekday, night and weekend shifts to fit around your existing studies
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available within a variety of high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of topics
Our exclusive feature will allow you to have access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day by simply submitting your timesheets by 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
With Newcross, successful candidates have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
As a Care Assistant, you will work closely with our service users and provide assistance with various important daily tasks. These will vary and will include personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free Ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Come and say hi!
You will be joining our Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.