Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
We are located in Queen Avenue in the centre of Liverpool, close to James Street and Moorfields stations
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Liverpool, Bootle and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Care Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their progression and development
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
- Salary of up to £12.03 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your studies
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Living costs can be a struggle as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply now to find out more!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.