Do you want to be a valuable new addition to our team?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting professional and hard-working Support Workers to join a Substance Misuse project and support homeless adults in Cardiff, Pontypridd, Pontypool, Newport, Cwmbran, Caerphilly and the surrounding area.
In this role you will be providing expert support to homeless women and men who are former substance users and long-term street drinkers. You will be helping them and encouraging them to face housing and/or personal difficulties, empowering their capabilities and promoting their dignity at all times.
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals with previous experience supporting homeless people and the ability to help them to access and maintain accommodation, building their confidence and assisting them to achieve their preferred outcomes.
Our successful candidates will be working Monday to Friday shifts (8:30am - 4:30 pm) coordinating a case load of around 20 service users. We also offer the option to work rolling rotas which include days, nights and weekends.
What do we require?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart phone or device to access your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System and DWP Benefits.
- Basic knowledge of how complex needs, such as substance misuse and mental health, can affect individuals and their vulnerability.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of housing related support or homelessness (this can be from a personal perspective).
To be successful in the recruitment process, you must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
What do you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.21/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
Flexi Pay service
With our innovative Flexi Pay app feature you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Our friendly Cardiff branch are based in Park Place, close to Cardiff Queen Street train station
Apply now to find out more!
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our friendly team members.
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.