Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking caring and committed Support Workers to join a Substance Misuse project and provide excellent support to homeless adults across Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Ammanford and the surrounding area.
In this position, you will be working Monday to Friday shifts (8:30am - 4:30 pm) and you will also have the chance to work rolling rotas which include days, nights and weekends.
Your new role
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing the highest quality of support to homeless people, coordinating a case load of around 20 service users.
Some of your responsibilities will consist of supporting homeless men and women who are former substance users and long-term street drinkers, promoting their independence and leading them to a sustainable move-on.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Support worker who have already supported homeless people and is able to assist them with their housing needs and build their confidence and skills.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart phone or device to access your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System and DWP Benefits.
- Basic knowledge of how complex needs, such as substance misuse and mental health, can affect individuals and their vulnerability.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of housing related support or homelessness (this can be from a personal perspective).
To be successful in the recruitment process, you must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
- Salary of up to £15.21/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
Perks at Work
An employee benefit scheme offering over 30,000 discounts at 80 high street stores
Our fantastic Flexi Pay feature app provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
Our local branch
Newcross Healthcare's Swansea branch is located close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.
Our recruitment process
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.