Become an invaluable member of our care team
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking dedicated Support Workers to provide person-centred care and support to our users across Brighton, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Lewes and Newhaven.
What you'll do
Our Support Workers are on the front line of providing invaluable support to those in need of care.
Your tasks will involve:
* Promoting independent living through person-centred care
* Providing support and assistance during our patient's daily activities.
* Communicating with clients and their families, building strong relationships.
* Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
Develop & Learn
Benefit from our wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These programs will allow you to improve your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Why choose us?
- Salary of up to £12.96/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Specialised training available free through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Working with Newcross will give you access to our 'same day pay' app feature, Flexi Pay. This app feature will allow you to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
The branch is based on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
Click the button to apply
Once you submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and help change someone's life
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.